Mission, Vision, and Values
Penn State IT Mission Statement
Penn State IT is a service organization, dedicated to serving the needs of our students, faculty, and staff members through:
- responsive service and support
- enabling infrastructure
- effective administrative systems
- strategic innovation
Penn State IT Vision
Penn State Values
The Penn State values are the shared ideals and beliefs that are important to the University.
- Integrity: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards. Respect: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Respect: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Responsibility: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery: We seek and create new knowledge and understanding and foster creativity and innovation for the benefit of our communities, society, and the environment.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and as a leader in higher education.
- Community: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world
Penn State IT Values
Penn State IT values build on the University’s shared ideals and beliefs through the IT lens.
- Integrity: We are committed to following a shared set of principles to ensure we do the right things.
- Respect: We build effective partnerships through listening, thoughtful dialog, and shared expectations.
- Responsibility: Penn State IT is accountable for enabling Penn State’s mission by delivering robust and secure solutions, developing IT talent and resources, and sound financial management.
- Discovery: We will utilize innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement to further the University’s mission and thought leadership for our community.
- Excellence: We will always strive to meet or exceed our community’s expectations.
- Community: Penn State IT is a team of teams working in partnership
Penn State IT Strategy
Position Penn State IT to adapt to rapid and complex change through organizational redesign, knowledge and change management, and the transformation of organizational norms and values.
Evaluate, select, prioritize, and fund competing IT investments to effectively and efficiently enable the University to achieve its goals.
Talent Development: Provide professional development to cultivate and strengthen the skills of our IT professionals in order to continually deliver innovative technology. Increase our ability for teamwork and collaboration across the University and ensure we have the right people in the right jobs doing the work required by our students, faculty, and staff.
Teaching & Learning Innovation
Collaborate with educational units to research, assess, and support new pedagogical models and educational technologies to enable growth in residential, online, and hybrid instruction.
Enhance the reputation of Penn State as a national leader in research through technology solutions and support, increasing the University’s ability to attract top faculty, students, and research partners.
Embrace mobile devices as the primary way people interact with the University, and ensure a seamless mobile experience both on and away from the University.
Focus primarily on people and process in the delivery of services and support to the University in order to reduce waste, complexity, and variability.
Analytics & Business Intelligence
Invest in people, process, technology, and the development of institutional data governance to ensure the right people have access to the right data at the right time to make the right decisions.